We have created the verification process to help build trust in our community and enable you to provide reassurance to owners when they are deciding who should care for their home and pets while they are away.
We provide two levels of verifications. You are asked to complete them one at a time, starting with the Basic Level which comprises:
- Email Address check
- Phone Number check
*Minimum 1 third-party external reference
How to get your Basic Level verification:
In the Trust & Verifications sections of your dashboard click on the blue 'Get Started' to find out more about how our Verification system works.
Click 'Basic Level' to start the process
- Verify your Email Address
- Click ‘Verify Now’
- Go to your emails and open the email from Trustedhousesitters (you may need to check your junk file)
- Click the link to verify your email address
- Verify your Phone Numbers
- Click ‘Verify Now’
- Select your location from the drop-down menu
- Enter your phone number and click the green 'Verify Number' button. Please ensure you do not manually enter the country code or include any dashes/dots within your number.
- We will send you a code by SMS (mobile) or read it to you over the phone (landline)
- Enter the code you receive in the box provided and click Submit - you will have 5minutes before the code expires.
- If you did not receive the code you can request it is re-sent or if you have entered the number incorrectly you can click the link ‘Phone number incorrect? Change’ to enter a new one
- If you do not have a phone or you use an internet or Skype phone number please contact Member Services to be manually verified
- Get an External Reference
- You can request a reference from an employer, landlord or previous house sits
- Click the green ‘Request Now’ button
- Select your reference type
- Enter the name and email address of your Referee
- Edit your message and click the green ‘Send’ button
- You will then be sent an email that you can forward directly onto the specific referee. They can then follow the link where they can access the online reference form to quickly and easily provide you a reference
- The reference is automatically added to your profile
- You can request as many references as you like and can edit the requests if necessary
Once you have completed all 3 of these verifications you will receive your Basic Level Verification and the badge will show on your profile alongside any references you have received.