There are two types of dates that you can add for your sit;
Public - which are posted to your home listing and viewable by all sitters in the community. Public dates are open to applications from any of our registered sitters around the world.
Private - are dates that have been sent a specific sitter only. These cannot be seen on your home listing and can only be applied to by those who have been invited to them. For instance, you may want to invite a previous sitter back again; rather than posting public dates for anyone to apply to, you could send a private invitation to this sitter in your inbox that only they can see.
You can privately invite more than one sitter at a time if you would like, meaning only invited sitters could apply to you.
If you have added private dates and you would like to make these public, you will just need to follow these steps (on our desktop site):
- Log in with your email address and password
- Depending on what device you are using either click your name or the three lines in the top right corner
- Select ‘Inbox’
- Locate and click into the conversation of a sitter to who you have sent the private invite (ensure that this invitation has not been declined by the sitter)
- In the blue box at the top click the pink ‘Manage private dates’ button
- Here you will see an option to mark your dates as public by clicking the ‘Publish your dates here’ button