There are two types of dates that you can add for your sit;
Public - which are posted to your home listing and viewable by all sitters in the community. Public dates are open to applications from any of our registered sitters around the world.
Private - are dates that have been sent a specific sitter only. These cannot be seen on your home listing and can only be applied to by those who have been invited to them. For instance, you may want to invite a previous sitter back again; rather than posting public dates for anyone to apply to, you could send a private invitation to this sitter in your inbox that only they can see.
You can privately invite more than one sitter at a time if you would like, meaning only invited sitters could apply to you.
If you have added private dates and you would like to make these public, you will just need to follow these steps (on our desktop site):
- Log in with your email address and password
- Scroll down to the blue 'my home listing' section on your dashboard
- Click on 'Add/Edit dates'
- To the right of the relevant dates click 'delete'
When you have removed the private dates, you can then re-add the dates by clicking on the box underneath 'From'. Here you can select the dates that you will be needing a sitter.
Once you have selected the dates on the calendar, click 'Save & confirm dates' - this will add your dates to your home listing publicly.
To change these via the app
- Log into the app with your email and password
- Click 'Inbox' along the bottom
- Under 'Active dates' along the top
- Click the arrow to the right of your relevant dates
- Click 'Edit' to the right of the dates
- Tap 'Delete dates' at the bottom
When you have removed the private dates, you can then re-add the dates by selecting 'Dashboard' along the bottom, and clicking 'Add dates' in the bottom right corner.
By adding dates to your home listing, these will be marked as new, pushed to the top of our search pages, and it will also be sent out in an update email to sitters all around the world to ensure as many people see this.