We have created the verification process to help build trust in our community and enable you to provide reassurance to owners when they are deciding who should care for their home and pets while they are away.
The ID document check is made up of:
- Identity check
- Visual ID document check
All ID document verifications are carried out by our trusted third-party provider, Evident ID.
Sitters are asked to provide a visual document of an identification document - for example, a passport, driving licence or National Identity Card. Identification checks are then performed on their chosen document to ensure that they are valid, including cross-checking databases to ensure that they have not been reported as lost, stolen or compromised.
Evident ID have compiled a useful checklist below to help you in completing the check successfully:
How to get your ID document check:
- Log in to your TrustedHousesitters dashboard via the desktop website
- Depending on what device you are using, either click your name or the three lines in the top right corner
- Click 'Verifications'
- Under the 'ID Check' section - click 'Start free ID check'
- Then click on 'Identity Document' to start your check
- Choose your country code by clicking the flag and enter your phone number then submit (please know this will need to be linked to a camera phone)
- You will be sent a text message from Evident with a link to follow, please click the link
- Please enter the country your ID is from and submit
- Here you can take a photo of the front and back of your ID
- Or if you are using your passport - click ‘No card? Use passport instead’ at the bottom of your screen to take a photo of your passport
- Then once you have taken and uploaded your photo your check will confirm it is in process